Sunday 29 May 2016

Helpful Notes on Writing A Speech

Helpful Notes on Writing A Speech

Introduction

§  You must greet the audience.
Example:
A very good morning to the principal, senior assistants, teachers, and beloved students, I am really glad to be invited here to give a speech on ……………………..
Or
Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, I am glad to be given this opportunity to talk about …………………………
§  You must introduce yourself. Mention your position.
Example:
I am the chairperson of the English Language Society.
Or
I am (Name), as the President of the Environment Club, want to give a speech this morning on ……………………..
§  You must mention the topic of your speech.
Example:
Today I am going to talk about ……….
Or
The topic of my speech is “…………………”
Or
As the President of the Environmental Society, I would like to talk about
……………………………………………………………….
Body

§  Do not leave out any points provided
§  Mention all points
§  Elaborate all the points – use WH-Questions: why, where, when, what, who and

Conclusion

§  You must end the speech
Example: Thank you for
I would like to thank everyone here for your full support
With this, I shall end my speech. Thank you for paying full attention
Thank you for your attention
.

No comments:

Post a Comment